Saturday 22 January 2011

New Items in Starplaza: Modern Babushka

Once again, Stardoll has created another hideous range of styled outfits.

This one is titled 'Modern Babushka' and has been out for a couple of days now. I waited for a few more items to be released and I was disappointed, no surprise.

Here's a look at some of the items:







They seem to be continuing the 'Paisley Pushkin' range as well.

It doesn't seem that bad when you look at the Starplaza windows. Of course, nothing I would buy but something I've got my eyes on. It all seems a bit vintage to me.




This was my favourite Starplaza window display. It reminds me of the 1920s or 30s or sometime around there. Maybe like things they wore in Mary Poppins? I don't know how to describe it. The prices range from about 6 to 15 Stardollars, so not too expensive. Doesn't mean you should go and buy it all though, unless you're turning your Suite into something inspired by old London or Russia. It doesn't look at all like a Modern Babushka (Babushka means grandmother in Russian, also you might of seen those doll in a doll in a doll toys named 'Babushkas'), it looks more like an op-shop crochet disaster. On a more optimistic note, these are my personal favourites:



Here we have the Silk w Buttons dress, 15sds, from Rio. I quite like it. Still very thrown all together and icky, though. The Hot Buys Cotton Bag, 9sds from Pretty in Pink. Quite cheap and I like the kitty... If that actually is a kitten. The Marjan Pajoski Insp Dress, 14sds, from Rio. I did a little research on Marjan Pajoski and he is a Macedonian designer or something. He designed that weird white swan dress that we saw in Voile a while ago, and finally the Hot Buys Stardoll Rocks top from Fudge, 12sds.


-Tash



No comments:

Post a Comment